Come Join Us
Head of Hospital Sales (m/f)
MEDA Pharma GmbH & Co. KG (A Mylan Company), Bad Homburg
For Us, It’s A Mission
Mylan is one of the world’s leading generics and specialty pharmaceutical companies, providing products to customers in approximately 140 countries and territories. The company maintains one of the industry’s broadest and highest quality product portfolios, which is regularly bolstered by an innovative and robust product pipeline. With a workforce of more than 35,000, Mylan has attained leading positions in key international markets through its wide array of dosage forms and delivery systems, significant manufacturing capacity, global commercial scale and a committed focus on quality and customer service.
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a ‘doer’ and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role.
Here is the role we are looking for:
- Ownership for successful (profitable and growing) Hospital business of Mylan in Germany
- Drive the Hospital business in Germany with focus on enhancing profitability and market share
- Develop a Hospital strategy for growing the Hospital business in Germany and ensure alignment of Hospital strategy with overall business start plan and global objectives of Mylan
- Oversee existing and upcoming Hospital opportunities, contracts, biddings, and negotiations if applicable
- Building an operational framework for managing and evaluating Hospital opportunities
- Develop process to tap new opportunities including new product launch successes
- Build and manage business intelligence from a collation of business and data information feeds
- Responsible for providing unconstrained sales forecasts for Hospital driven products
- Supporting the promotional strategy for the Hospital driven products
- Support the management team in projects including
- monitoring and achieving the commercial objectives of the operation in Germany
- post-merger management and process integration and driving synergies
- Special projects
- Build best practices and internal processes for Hospital business and integrate with global commercial and operational functions
- Manage relationship with Hospitals and if required wholesalers and other customers with a focus on Hospital business
- Build strong communication lines between Hospital team, and all involved local and international teams such as finance, supply and customer services, regulatory affairs and QA team to ensure seamless service of Hospitals
- Building a strong and competent Hospital team
- Lead the Hospital function and develop the infrastructure
- Position directly supervises 10 employees (1 Contract Manager Hospital and 9 KAMs) and will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Make our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Minimum of a Master degree (or equivalent), Business / economics /Pharma or equivalent
- Minimum 5- 8 years of experience in the German market/Hospital environment with respective responsibilities in the current job
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a Sales function within a pharmaceutical company
- As a proactive relationship developer and adept stakeholder manager jobholder will be able to build strong relationships with external contacts whilst partnering, coaching and advising internal experts and function leaders in ideally an international environment
- Strong strategic capabilities
- Profound business knowledge and ability to analyse key business performance indicators
- Strong leadership skills including presentation, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong Team management skills, ability to drive a team of professionals to high performance in a motivating manner
- Native German and excellent English language skills both written and oral
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care. Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All information received will be handled carefully and treated with confidentiality. Please send your complete application documents in English.